Thursday, May 7, 2009

Train on an Island: Full View



Hi,





Here's Train on an Island: Full View (Click to enlarge)


Train On The Island (Painting Lyrics)

Train on the island, hear the whistle blow,
Go and tell my true love, I'm sick and I can't go.

Train on the island, heading to the west,
Me and my gal we fell out, perhaps its for the best.

Train on the island, listen to it squeel,
Go and tell my true love, how lonesome I do feel.

Bring me a drink of water, bring it in a cup,
Me and my gal we fell out, we ain't makin' up.

Train on the island, Hear the whistle blow
Go and tell my true love, it's as far as I can go.

Above you can see the full-view of my painting Train on an Island. Reproductions are now available. Just drop me an email if you are interested in this or any of my paintings: richiematt@aol.com

On the right you can see Norman Edmonds with his fiddle- his fiddle bow is also the tree branch. Directly above the girl is J.P. Nestor playing the banjo.

I'm also writing a series of bluegrass articles for World Wide Bluegrass on-line.

Take care,

Richard

No comments: